Wednesday 27 June 2012

Scuba Diving at Sail Rock

Brie'middle name should be Arielle because she is a beautiful mermaid in the water. No fears, just completely free. Swimming comes so natural to her. She could be a dive master. We took an hour boat ride out to sail rock to experience our first dive. Two dives to day, each of them about 50 minutes, down to 12 meters ( 40 feet). First fear to overcome was jumping into the ocean with my gear on. It took me three times before I got up enough courage to take the step off the boat, but I did it. Sail rock was amazing. Sail rock is a large rock formation covered with coral with a cave in the middle of it. During our first dive I had to keep telling myself to breath and relax. The dive instructor held my hand, then for the second dive I relaxed and enjoyed myself. I didn't have to hold the dive instructors hand. Beautiful things under the ocean. Angel fish, porcupine fish, huge groupers, gar fish, eels, sea urchins, huge schools of fish. Made me feel like I was in the Finding Nemo movie or filming a National Geographics special. We got some amazing pictures, I will post them when we get back to Singapore. No Whale Sharks today. They were at the sight the last two days but not today. It was probably a good thing because I think I would of freaked out if I saw a 40ft shark coming towards me. Great experience. I'm ready to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment