Friday 29 June 2012

10 Vacation Tips

Back home in Singapore.  It's always nice to go on vacation, but it's also wonderful to come home.  I always feel a sense of accomplishment.  Lots of adventure on this past trip;  Both Tori and I got the flu, worst I've ever had;  Brie had an ear infection;  I crashed on the motorbike;  ruined my glasses, got a black eye and lots of scrapes; lots of mosquitoe bites, it stinks to be allergic to those little buggers;  ate some great Thai food; The beaches of Thailand are Paradise; Brie is a master bargainer; Crazy shopping in Bangkok.  
Ten Things I learned this vacation;
1.  Vacation always cost more than you budget for.
2.  I would travel anywhere in the world with my two daughters.
3.  Never ride a motor bike in a swim suit.
4.  Scuba is amazing and I can concur deep water.
5.  I'm not really a backpacker, I'm a poshbacker.  I like the adventure, but I want some luxury.
6.  Coconut Smoothies, Heaven.
7.  What's that perfume you're wearing?  Aux des Bug Spray
8.  Sawatdee Khrap means Good Morning, not swatting crap.
9.  I can say thank you in Thai, Khmer, Mandarin, Japanese, Malay, Indonesian, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Portuguese.
10.  Always bring a calculator when shopping in a foreign country.  Calculating the exchange rate can get tricky and get's much harder as you age.
Once again I was reminded that vacation is not just about seeing or experiencing a new place, but it's about reconnecting with the people that you love.  It's about making lifelong memories.  I love you Tori and Brie.  You are great to travel with.

No comments:

Post a Comment