Wednesday 27 June 2012

Pushing Past My Fears.

June 23. Ever since I was a little girl I have been afraid of deep water. There are several reasons for this. First if all I had an older brother who thought it was funny to try and drown his little sister and secondly I stepped in a sink hole at Mauthy Lake and almost drowned. This is the year that I've decided to face my fears. For a month I have been snorkeling in the pool at my condo. I probably looked like a psycho but it helped me get my head under the water and learn to breath with my mouth, through a tube. This has helped to prepare me for the ultimate test, scuba diving.. Yesterday the two girls and I had our first scuba class in the swimming pool. I did ok until I had to put water in my mask and blow it out through the bottom. I panicked and rushed to the surface. But I didn't give in to my fears I kept trying and finally did it. Tomorrow is the big test, off to sail rock. Deep water, large fish and possibly a whale shark. Thanks God for helping me push through my fears. Another beautiful day in the sun drinking coconut shakes. We saw a huge box jellyfish washed up on the shore. It was the kind with the short tentacles and it was dead. Of course Brie wanted to touch it, we flipped it over with a stick. Did you know that jelly fish don't have a mouth or a brain. Basically seaweed with stingers. Makes me a little nervous about the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment